must have a Tennessee marriage license to get married in Tennessee.
Your marriage license is then valid wherever you live or travel. TN is a marriage-friendly state To receive your TN marriage license, note:
• There is no waiting period, and no blood test is required.
• Both participants must be at least 18 years old.
• Present a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, or current passport.
• Present a social security card or other ssn documentation.
• If married before, know date (month & year) previous marriage ended.
• The fee for out-of-state residents is $41.00 (cash please).
This low rate is only available in this county, which is Sevier County.
• The fee for in-state couples is $101.00 (cash please). The fee is $41.00
(cash please) for couples residing in Tennessee who complete a
4-hour premarital preparation course and present appropriate proof of
completion. The rates are $2.00 more if you pay with charge card.
• Bridal couples can pre-apply online at www.seviercountytn.org.
NOTE: The online application is currently down as the site is reworked.
NOTE: No witness is needed for the marriage to be recognized, but there
is room on the license for one witness to sign.
NOTE: Sevier County has 3 marriage license offices. The Pigeon Forge
office is open only on Saturdays. Check about hours of operation
and any holiday closures. When you book a wedding with Stellar
Wedding Services, we will send you a map showing you where the
marriage license offices are.
NOTE: For more information, call the Sevier County Clerk: (865) 453-5502.